old photo of jewish street scene


This is hanging on the wall of the Kafka Bar in the Jewish section of Old Town, the oldest part of the oldest part of Prague. I took a photo of it, intending to use it as inspiration for a scene I was going to paint on the wooden casing that I built to seal over the air conditioner. I used to cover the OUTSIDE of the AC with plastic every winter, but it's very high up in a second floor window. Climbing the ladder, positioning myself around the AC, taping and sealing, climbing back down, going back up the other side where you can't even lean the ladder flat against the wall due to assorted obstructions - it's a dangerous pain in the neck! So this year I created an INDOOR solution! And I was going to paint a scene on it to spruce it up some...

I ended up painting it barn red and tacking a cardboard Santa Claus on it. Maybe I'll paint a scene on it "next year"!

1 comment:

James Robert Smith said...

I wonder if any of my ancestors are in there?