obsession


Hey everybody! It's a letter from Mark Landman!

subject: Feeding your obsession...

This'll probably be bad for you, getcha MUCH too "lathered up", but what the heck, it's the Xmas season-


(Condi picture was here in the original e-mail, but I can't figure out how to make blogger do that)
Told you you'd like that...  ML

Thanks, Mark! Yes, that is one fine woman!

OK. So. Not really in response to MARK, but in response to the general Condi-bashing in the comments here, I will now explain my obsession:

In 1963 Denise McNair, Condi's friend and classmate, was killed when a White Supremacist bombed
the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, Alabama.

About twelve years later I came to know Denise's father, a strong, wise, gentle man. FULL DISCLOSURE: I knew him through my work at the time. I am not claiming to be bosom buddies with the man, but I think I can honestly say we were friends as much as business associates ever are.

So there's that, this weird two degrees of seperation cosmic bond that I feel for Condi.

There is also the fact that I think Condoleeza Rice is a very classy lady who overcame hatred and oppression like the "Bush Regime Oppression" whiners have never known.

There's more of course. Much more. I don't claim that I have slam-dunked anybody here, and I don't intend to. I'm not going to go into a lengthy treatise on my complicated political views. I got work to do! I'll just assure you I am not a war-mongering Republican psycho.

If you are reading this right now, odds are that you are somehow involved in comics or alternative culture. Therefore the odds are that you do not agree with me politically, and you may be appalled that I praise Condi and disrespect the "Bush Regime Oppression" whiners. So be it. I just thought I'd address all the Condi bashing. I just had to stick up for that wonderful woman!

No comments: