happy new year

I did a buncha way overdue stuff over the holidays. I didn't really set out to Clear the Decks for 2007 or anything official like that. I guess I just had time.

1. I exhumed all my old original art.

For the last 3 or 4 years I have had to say "uh - I'll get back to you" every time anybody was kind enough to inquire about buying original art. It was all in a cabinet that was buried under a pile of crap in the oil room. Free at last, free at last! Good God All Mighty, it's free at last! The image above is of some of the pieces that Angson is interested in buying, and has patiently waited for MONTHS until I got back to him, bless his heart.

There's all kinds of blog fodder buried in that cabinet, so maybe I'll post more in 2007.

2. I updated markmartin.net and closed the Warm Bodies Activity.

3. One other thing that feels like it has been "hanging around" and unfinished is where I said I'd pontificate about the krazy kareer of komiks in the 21st century here. I've got some thoughts on the matter and I've thought a few times about jabbering about it since then. But honestly, every time I think about doing that, the next thought that pops into my head is "Should I do that, or should I work on comics etc? And if I don't work on comics etc, should I do one of the zillion other things that need to be done, like exhuming that artwork that Angson is waiting for?" And the answer is always "Do something else!"

The relevant news and Runaway updates I mentioned in that same post are as follows:

Release date for Runaway 3: uuhhhh - I forgot! And I can't find the e-mail about it. All I know is I'm turning it all in to Fantagraphics in a couple of months. The release date is a month or two after that.

*

3 comments:

RHoward454 said...

Glory hallelujah! I was beginning to think that you were playing Rip Van Winkle on us, or shirking your arteestical duties like Janet.

slatts said...

damn...drag your feet lose your seat! Serves me right...

Here's to 2007!

BonzoGal said...

That hippo is kyoooooooot.