the last idjit I'll post


This one looks odd and slightly off-kilter because it's a caricature of one of the guys who works at Playmates - an inside joke. That's the Playmates softball team logo on his uniform, and that's his head on his shoulders. Everything else is fantasy. I don't know if he can really fart green clouds.

I went ahead and finished this one after the job died. They were all looking forward to it so much and having so much fun with it - it just seemed like it had to exist.

So many others never got past flat color, inks, sketches. This one and the lunchroom lady are the only two that went all the way to finish. And that makes me think of all the Unfinished Symphonies I have hanging around. Here's a list. Let me know if you think of any I missed.

Idjits (which, by the way, I really should say is COPYRIGHT PLAYMATES TOYS INC.!)

Montgomery Wart in "Runaway Comic"

Blogopera (but you just wait! Someday...)

Crazy Boss

Quite a few things around here that you have barely seen, like the Wabbit comic strips, Illville, several children's books, Holy Mackerel...

What am I forgetting?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pure awesomeness. I was thinking you had it framed until I noticed his spit-puke was flying out of the illustration.

Mark Martin said...

that's chawin' terbacky!

dogboy443 said...

It looks like you glues brown crushed rice krispies to the artwork. Very nice texturing.

Anonymous said...

Even better!

eeTeeD said...

mark martin asked "...What am I forgetting?..."

i seem to vaguely recall you were going to work on some obscure collaboration entitled "The Farmer and the Ant"

James Robert Smith said...

Oh, "Blogopera", dude! It MUST exist! I can hear it singin'!

Anonymous said...

It's Mark Martin's Birthday today!

Happy birthday, Mark Martin!

dogboy443 said...

Happy Birthday Captain Jabberous!!!